What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award shared between bloggers – the idea is to celebrate new bloggers who show great potential; especially those with 200 blog followers or less. This award is a means to recognizing the hard work and achievements of talented upcoming bloggers. It’s also intended to help support and promote them by making their blogs better known to a wider audience! Thus: the Liebster Award is a great way to be discovered, but also to connect and support the blogging community.
If you’re nominated and would like to take part, here are some general rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them (maybe link back to their Liebster Award post to keep it rolling).
- Write a small paragraph about what makes you passionate about blogging.
- Provide 10 facts about yourself. (This is optional, but if you’d like to engage better with your readers it’s a great idea to include random/fun/quirky facts about yourself – it helps humanise bloggers a lot!)
- Answer the 11 questions given by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers with under 200 followers for this award and ask them 11 new questions.
- Inform your nominees of their nomination for the Liebster Award by commenting on one of their blog posts. (It helps if you provide a link back to your award post)
- List the rules and display the Liebster Award logo in your post.
First and foremost, I’d like to thank Tom Burton for nominating me for this award. Tom is not only a dynamic writer but also a great friend. He has published some of his brilliant work on his blog, The Slumdog Soldier, which include his first historical thriller, Slumdog Soldier ( the first chapter: Dented Iron). Some of my favourites amongst his creative writing include Hooked, The Fancy Dress and Clean Slate. His vivid words and heartfelt writing never fail to entice me and always encourage me to write. Do take a look at his fantastic blog, you won’t be disappointed.
What makes me passionate about blogging?
Blogging, for me, is all about expressing and interacting with other interesting people who have their own way of expressing. Be it a story, an experience, a poem or just something that I connect with. Moreover, because of all the helpful people that I’ve found and the tips and criticism they give, I keep improving. Because of blogging, I’ve enhanced my style of writing, transformed from an introvert to an ambivert and given more stories than I thought I would. So, what makes me passionate is that in this beautiful community, I have something to give; a role to play.
1. What have you enjoyed about blogging?
What I enjoy about blogging is reading other bloggers’ posts. While some bloggers’ posts have you sitting on the edge of your seat, others let your imagination go wild. This contrast amuses me and sort of gives me an insight. Also, when I’m writing a short story series, I enjoy contemplating what the readers must be contemplating about the next part so that I can write something totally different. 🙂 I guess that’s just how writers are.
2. What advice would you give a new blogger starting out?
Interact and socialise with others in the blogosphere so that they can help you improve and you can help them do the same. Moreover, when we interact, we barter thoughts and ideas which are pretty useful while writing. Most importantly, keep blogging. Even if you get only a bunch of likes for your posts now, the numbers will increase with increase in the quality of your writing. Also, keep reading others’ posts because, as we know, reading and writing are interrelated.
3. Do you have any future blogging goals for the next 12 months?
Surprisingly, I do. I have to complete the story that I started, The Truth and catch up on some painting. Other than these, I also need to evolve my photography.
4. What have you learnt about yourself through blogging?
A lot. Blogging has helped me realise that my love for writing is not just a mere hobby but something that I’m passionate about. And because of blogging, I also know that I’m terrible at keeping my New Year resolutions (I had resolved that I’ll post at least once a week. Uhuh? More like once a month)
5. What kind of music do you enjoy?
I’m not sure. EDM, probably. But I do enjoy slow music that I connect with. And then there are some raps that I like but some that I don’t. Honestly, there isn’t any particular kind.
6. Do you prefer tea, coffee, or…?
Tea. Definitely, tea. What’s weird is that after I drink coffee, I feel sleepy. Crazy, right?
7. Is there something you’re particularly proud of accomplishing in 2018?
Yes, there is. I finally mastered the habit of waking up at 5.00 a.m. Other than that, I’m also proud of my academic performance of that year…
8. Do you have a favourite country you’ve traveled to or would like to visit in the future?
Well, there are many countries that I’d like to visit like Mauritius, Australia, Italy, Greece, England, Singapore and the list goes on and on. I don’t really have a favourite but if I were to choose then my favourites would be France, the U.S.A. and U.A.E. I’d like to visit U.A.E. primarily because of Dubai and Abu Dhabi but still it would come under my favourites. I’d also like to travel to Egypt and Brazil. Man, there is so much to see and such a short life!
9. What’s one new skill you would love to learn in the future?
One skill that I’d love to learn…That would be playing the piano or guitar. I’d also like to learn more programming languages and hopefully, design an app by the end of this year.
10. What’s your favourite thing to do to relax and unwind?
Sleep…And eat. A lot. 🙂 And read, but that’s secondary.
11. What’s the strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
I prefer not to call any food item strange. Although I have eaten some combinations of food items that my friends call strange. But if you ask me, they taste pretty good.
My questions are:
- What was your favourite T.V. show as a kid?
- If money didn’t matter, what would you do with your life?
- What have you enjoyed most about blogging?
- What is your favorite book?
- Do you have a favourite country you’ve travelled to or would like to visit in the future?
- What are some of your best traits?
- What are some of the worst traits?
- What do you like most about my blog? (So I can make sure to keep doing it.)
- What do you like least about my blog? (It will not hurt my feelings.)
- Do you prefer writing it down or typing it up?
- Where did you get your blog name?
Now for my nominations…
The blogs I’m updated have way more than 200 followers so I had to go check out new blogs and my, I certainly did find some very talented and passionate writers in. I feel humbled to present my five nominations:
These questions are optional: there’s no obligation to answer each question if you’d prefer not to, but if you’d like to accept this Award and share a little more about yourself, that’s fantastic! It’s lovely to celebrate such talented bloggers, learn more about you and come together as a wider community to support each other!
If any of you would like to participate, then thank you for finding time! Kindly pingback so that I can read your interesting answers!
Let me know what you thought of my answers in the comments down below. Happy Blogging!
If you’ve ever read or seen the Divergent series then do read this fanfic that I’ve helped to put together. Recently, I collaborated with Riya Singh of The Honest Fabler to work on this short story. You’ll find it here.